Beliefs from a Pentecostal Church
Cornerstone Church is a Pentecostal church in El Paso. As a non-denominational and Pentecostal church, we base our efforts and beliefs on developing a more personal experience and relationship with God, without focusing on doctrines and policies set by certain denominations. We make it our focus to be uplifting, change lives for the better, and strengthen families with the Word of God.
Our Belief System
We base our beliefs system on the Articles of Faith:
- We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God: infinite in power, holy in nature, attributes and purpose (I Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; II Corinthians 5:19).
- We believe that, "in Him (Jesus) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," God manifest in flesh, God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself (Colossians 2:9; II Corinthians 5:19, John 1:1, 14).
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is infallible, inerrant, and the sole and final authority for all matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine. (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that man is a created being, made in the image and likeness of God. Through man's transgression and fall, sin entered the world; thus, depriving man to attain divine righteousness. (Genesis 1:26; Romans 3:23-24)
- We believe that everyone must genuinely confess and repent of his or her sins and turn away from everything that does not please God and is contrary to His Word. (Romans 10:10; Acts 2:38)
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sin. This symbolizes the believer's identification with Jesus in His death, burial and resurrection. ( Acts 2:38, 8:36-39,10:44-48, 19:1-6; Romans 6:3-10).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire as a real experience. (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4)
- We believe that signs, miracles, and wonders are for the church today. (John 14:12-14; Mark 16:17-18)
- We believe in the importance of partaking in Communion and foot washing. (1 Corinthians 11:23-24; Mark 14:22-24)
- We believe tithing is (a commandment and) God's financial plan for protection, provision and prosperity. (Malachi 3:10; Luke 6:38; 1 Corinthians 9:3-14)
Love God, Love Yourself
Our church is open to anyone looking to develop their relationship with God and better themselves through the Bible. Our church offers the opportunity to make a difference not just in your own life but in the lives of others as well. All of our beliefs, prayers, and worship are based on the ideas of love, kindness, life, and goodness.
We study the Bible from the Old Testament to the New Testament, growing our understanding of the words on the page and how they apply to our lives. When we develop our relationship with Christ, we grow stronger. And that is the goal of Cornerstone Church; to lift people up and help families become <a href="/contact-us">stronger</a> by helping them to develop a relationship with God.